Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:23:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo@iol.ie>
Cc:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Purpose of irq's in pcic

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

> On 02-Sep-99 NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa wrote:
> >>         Do you mean one slot at a time by this ? I can certainly use
> >> either slot on my machine and I don't have enough irq's available to
> >> use both at once so I can't comment on that.
> > If kernel missmatch to VLSI, second slot base address is incorrect.
>
>         I can use both slots perfectly well, just not both at once. If
> I understand you correctly only slot 1 should be working.

I must say that I am now thoroughly confused by this thread.  I own a CTX
700E with 1131's:

pcic0: <TI PCI-1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> rev 0x01 int a irq 255 on
pci0.10.0
pcic1: <TI PCI-1131 PCI-CardBus Bridge> rev 0x01 int b irq 255 on
pci0.10.1

PC-Card VLSI 82C146 (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic: controller irq 3

I occasionally use both slots simultaneous, most recently when a
thunderstorm fried my USR 56k external and I was forced to use my laptop's
pcmcia modem and network card combination as a gateway for a few weeks.  I
have had very few issues with this under plain FreeBSD since I got it
(3.0-CURRENT -> 3.1/3.2-STABLE).

Is my laptop an oddball in this case or have I simply gotten confused
somewhere along this thread?

Regards,
Chris

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org> | All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,       | claimed they were one and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.     | pointed to someone better.