Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 2014 23:57:25 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Phil <phil@philseymour.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unclear which version I should D/L...

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Phil <phil@philseymour.net> wrote:

> My apologies for raising what must appear to be a very basic question, bu=
> I am attempting to crawl out of the clutches of Microsoft and have little
> to no experience outside of the Windows domain.
> Having carefully looked at the vast array of Linux and Unix distro=E2=80=
=99s
> available, I am keen to install FreeBSD on a Sun Microsystems box that I
> recently obtained through Ebay. The machine has dual x86 processors (AMD)
> and 32 Gb RAM. The boot disks are SCSI Ultra 320=E2=80=99s.
> I have looked at your download mirror sites but am a little confused as t=
> which version I should be getting.
> Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you.
> Phil.

You'll want to get one of the AMD64 iso's from here:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/ISO-IMAGES/10.0/

I generally use the disk1 or memstick image to install OS then install
packages from repo.  Don't forget to use freebsd-update after the install
to get latest security patches.

--=20
Adam