Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:22:20 -0500
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>
To:        Claus Guttesen <kometen@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD AMD list <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: No APM yet for AMD?

Claus Guttesen writes:

> APM has been replaced by ACPI.

Searching the archives found another laptop users with simmilar problems. He
disabled APCI and his si0 ports. That worked for me.

What is APCI?
Nothing for it on wikipedia. The only thing I found which sounds like may
be the meaning was "Application-Layer Protocol Control Information".

About to leave where I am now...printing the handbook section on ACPI. :-)

How do I find out the status of my battery with ACPI?
Man acpiconf shows an "-i battery" option.. but that doesn't seem to show
that info... unless "Last full capacity" is the current battery charge..

Any other command besides acpiconf that is related to power management which
works on the AMD64 version of FreeBSD?