Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:06:31 -0700
From:      Jason DiCioccio <geniusj@bluenugget.net>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipnat bug

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

 Group wrote:
> > In message <20010905084833.F45611@leviathan.inethouston.net>, "David W.=
=20
> > Chapman
> >  Jr." writes:
> > > I'm not sure what the stats say, because since you told me what to=20
> > > look for I have no been able to reproduce it.  Sometimes it happens=
=20
> > > whithin a day, sometimes a week or two.
> >=20
> > You might want to try posting this on the IP Filter mailing list: =20
> > ipfilter@coombs.anu.edu.au.  Darren Reed, author and maintainer of IP=
=20
> > Filter, is quite active on that ilst.
> >=20
> >=20
> Thanks, I plan on it once the bug shows it self again and I can=20
> provide the propper output showing so.
>=20
> --=20
> David W. Chapman Jr.

I was actually heading towards state table size issues by the way.. But it =
does
not actually look like that is the issue (since ipnat -CF would not fix thi=
s).

Worth a shot though I suppose.. When it happens again look in the ipfstat -=
s for
the 'Maximum' value, it shouldn't be above 0.  Of course it's worth looking=
 at
everything that others have suggested too.  Unless you have no stateful rul=
es ;)
Good luck, let us know when it happens again :-)

Cheers,
-JD-

--=20
Jason DiCioccio - geniusj@bsd.st - PGP Key @ http://bsd.st/~geniusj/pgpkey.=