Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 23:09:49 +0100 (MET)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        tomppa@fidata.fi
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 driver patches

> Now I have found that new bt849 hauppauge card gives picture on uhf
> channels 25 and 35 but no sound.  Also there is nothing on vhf
> channels 6 and 8.  These four are Finnish main channels that you
> should get from air here.

In what case do it give picture?  With the patches, or just the plain
driver pre-patching?

The lack of sound might be due to lack of support for the MSP3400C,
which is used by some of the BT848 cards instead of the TDA9850 there
is support for.  Or something else entirely ;-)  (I don't presently
have sound; I'm going to work on that as soon as the previous patches
have been OKed).

Amancio: Do you think I should commit the patches as the stand now,
even though we haven't got a verification for PAL/M mode?  It is
exactly equal to the NTSC mode as it was before; if it is bad, it'll
probably be easier to get reports of this by just throwing it into the
fray (as Jonny can't test for us :-(

Eivind.