Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:19:36 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Can this get added

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 03:17:36PM +0900, Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:
> I wrote FreeBSD part of it.
> I also made the port to intend to commit:
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~ume/gkrellm/gkrellm-port-20000315.tar.gz

THANKS for working on this! I tried to port this program about six to nine
months ago, with no success.. although that can mostly be blamed on the
fact that back then I was not (and am still not) very familiar with FreeBSD
process statistic obtainment (I know it's through kvm though).

> I had some discussion with the author of GKrellM about making port and
> OKed from him.
> I had test it on:
>
> 	4.0-CURRENT
> 	3.4-RELEASE
> 	3.4-RELEASE + KAME
> 	3.4-RELEASE + KAME + PAO
> 	2.2.8-STABLE
> 	2.2.8-STABLE + KAME

Add to that:
        FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT (my box)

> If OK, I'll commit it.

Looks fine, except that the gtk12.2 LIB_DEPENDS is implied througH
gdk_imlib.5. The message in the Makefile about suid root for temperatures -
you should put this in ${PKGDIR}/MESSAGE or similar and output it at the
end of the installation (post-install target). Also, in the do-install
target, you could use .for and .endfor instead of @for [...]. Another
thing: your port does not respect CC/CFLAGS. At least that's what I gather
from "gcc -Wall -O -pipe -O2". ;-)

BTW: Why does gkrellm belong in the ipv6 category? :)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>