Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 23:26:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), robr@wired.com, joe@gaia.gol.com, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Laptop Question.

> > Oh, I bought a copy of it just before Christmas, but it only works under
> > FreeBSD 2.1.*, and I run FreeBSD >+ 2.2-Alpha. :(
>
> Bollocks.  We run it on all our notebooks (XFree doesn't support the
> 7543 usefully), and they are all 2.2 systems.

OK, OK, OK.  I just tried it again on my -current system and *NOW* it
appears to be working fine.  Honestly, it was causing kernel crashes on
my machine just before Christmas.

I *did* make sure that I had the *exact* same libraries as on my 2.1.6 box this
time (I copied over the versions that were there), so it's possible that
somehow I was triggering a weird bug due to them, but all of the
libraries were on my box before.

In any case, it appears to work fine on my laptop (I need to check out
my other boxes now).

Nate