Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 1995 14:21:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-950928-SNAP now available for testing

On Fri, 29 Sep 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> FreeBSD 2.1 (pre-release) 950928-SNAP is now available for testing on
> freefall.freebsd.org and ftp.cdrom.com:
>
> This fixes all currently open bugs from 950922-SNAP.  Feedback
> on this snapshot to me, please.
>
> [...]
> 					Jordan

There are a few remaining bugs in the fixit disk:

1) It's nice that you've included the floppy tape filter 'ft' on the
fixit.  It would be even nicer if you included the /dev/rft0 device node
so we could actually use it! :-)

2) vi won't run unless it has a /tmp directory it can write to, and it
complains if it doesn't have /var/tmp for it's vi.recover file.  Simply
'mkdir /tmp /var/tmp' will fix this.

3) When I typed 'pwd' from the fixit shell, it complained 'can't find
/stand/pwd' and went into some kind of weird subshell.  Any further
commands were just ignored, but exiting got me back to the previous
shell.

Finally, now that ftp.cdrom.com has mirrored the XFree86 3.1.2 binaries,
why aren't those the default for installing FreeBSD 2.1.0?  XFree86 3.1.2
has some significant improvements including using libgnumalloc and much
better support for S3-based SVGA cards...

     Jake Hamby                         |   E-Mail:  jehamby@lightside.com
  Student, Cal Poly University, Pomona  |   System Administrator, JPL