Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:21:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Joakim Henriksson <murduth@dc.luth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lost filesystems

for future reference the best partition recovery tool i have found was the
Minix partition editor, it's part of the minix install program.

lets you twiddle partitions without in any way messing with the data in
the rest of the disk.

windows once ate all 4 partitions on a disk and i was able to recover them
with it.  you sorta need to know the exact sizes of the partitions though.

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current