Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:40:45 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Michael Raff <raff@ElectroCity.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stray irq 7

Hi

This message popped up infrequently on my FreeBSD 3.x as well. It is not
specific to 4.x. Now that I run 4.2, I still get the message once in a
while.

The fact that other OSs don't report the condition does not mean it does
not occur. I had a NT box that was slow as hell. I eventually put FreeBSD
on it and my logs were full of hardware errors. After correcting the
hardware the box ran like a dream. Under NT I had no idea what was wrong
as it didn't bother reporting the condition.

Michael