Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:03:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      John <papalia@UDel.Edu>
To:        phylos@lycosmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where I can download the actual kernel source code of FreeBSD or How I can upgrade FreeBSD 3.1 to FreeBSD 3.3 or 3.4?

Best bet is to configure adn use cvsup.  There's really good instructions
in The Complete FreeBSD if you have it, or you can get directions on
setting up CVSup at:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/stable.html
and
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/synching.html#CVSUP

Then to rebuild, there's a good tutorial at:

http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html

Whatever you do, read up on it first before rebuilding and installing the
world :)

If any of the steps isn't clear, just ask away =) (please make sure to
explain where the problem occurred and what you were doing up to that
point though - it makes trouble shooting easier).

Good luck,
John Papalia