Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:37:12 -0400
From:      Kevin Way <kevin@insidesystems.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   GSSAPI Key Exchange in sshd?

I'm curious if there are technical (or other) reasons that prevent
FreeBSD from adding RFC 4462 (GSSAPI Key Exchange) support to sshd.
The MIT Kerberos team first requested this four years ago, and
implementation patches have been available for years at: http://
www.sxw.org.uk/computing/patches/openssh.html

The author of those patches has offered (without much public
response) to allow integration of the patches into the openssh source
distribution, so I don't think licensing would be an issue.

This would be incredibly useful to me, as it'd remove the burden of
site-wide ssh host key distribution.

Regards,
Kevin Way