Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 1998 23:13:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the  Internet"

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, John S. Dyson wrote:

> The problem with FreeBSD, is that people working on FreeBSD are generally
> older, and find evangelism to be painful.  Also, people using FreeBSD
> are busy using it, as opposed to worshipping it.

This is why I picked the 386BSD path rather than Linux back in,
oh, I guess it must have been early 1993.  I was in the process
of ditching the Amiga as a platform *and* the wretched
evangelical user base.  It may sound silly, but I chose BSD
because the people tinkering with it seemed, on the whole, to be
more mature than the Linux crowd.  My decision to not take the
NetBSD fork in the road was similarly inspired.

-john