Date:      Tue, 9 Aug 2016 18:13:24 +0200
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@ellael.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Clamd core dumps

Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 9/08/2016 11:07 AM, Dima Panov wrote:
>> 09.08.16 10:05, Doug Hardie =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82:

>>> I just upgraded a mail server from 9.3 to 11.0-BETA4.  clamav worked =
fine on 9.3.  However, after upgrading it and reinstalling the package =
clamd core dumps just after reading all the signatures. =20
[=E2=80=A6]
>> Let me guess. ClamAV was built with LLVM/Jit support? It's broken for
>> now as Clamav can use only LLVM <3.7 and base system provide llvm =
3.8.
>>=20
>> Try to rebuild without LLVM/Jit, this solved crashdumps for me.

> Dima,
>=20
> Should we set BROKEN on OSVERSION > X with that option?

ClamAV is widely used, thus many will run into this issue after =
upgrading to 11 (as I did as well).=20

I am not that much familiar with possible implications if set to BROKEN, =
and I do not know why one would need Jit support either, but I do =
recommend that this needed modification to an option should be mentioned =
in /usr/ports/UPDATING.

Regards,
Michael
=20