Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 2016 11:28:41 +0000
From:      Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups@NTLWorld.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: relaunchd: a portable clone of launchd

Julian Elischer:

> It would appear we have an embarrassment of riches. Someone correct
> me  if I'm wrong but we have:
>
> * nosh
> * actual launchd with jkh's project
> * now relaunchd
>
> and of course some people like the flexibility and debugability of
> rc.d and are improving these.

Relax.  This is a good thing.  (-:

 From my perspective, at least, the best things that you (plural) can be
doing right now are:

1.  Seeing what you can make of the to-do list that was in the Status
Report.

*
https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2015-07-2015-09.html#The-nosh-Project

What can you do to get progress reporting into fsck, for example?  Or
boot_bare into the loader?

2.  Install and use the system.  Take the timorous admin's how-to in
hand, with PC-BSD or FreeBSD 10, and see how far you get.

*
http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/Softwares/nosh/timorous-admin-installation-how-to.html