Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 20:16:54 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos <jcarlos@bahianet.com.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lotus notes x sendmail

Please somebody help me!!
I used to have a machine running sendmail 8.7. This machine receives mail for @domain.com
For security purposes, of course (i know it is too late :)), i have upgraded sendmail for 8.9.3.
In the machine, there are many users that uses the .forward file to forward their mail to a lotus notes internal server.
since the upgrade, some messages does not arrive with the right accentuation (i'm in brazil).
some messages arrives using codes instead of the accentuation.

I found that when the mail passes through the sendmail, this one converts it to 8bit.

when sendmail does it, i have problems
WHERE DO I TELL SENDMAIL NOT TO CONVERT the messages????

i looked all www.sendmail.org to find it but no success

thanks in advance..