Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 96 14:11:07 +0200
From:      Lars Gerhard Kuehl <lars@elbe.desy.de>
To:        heo@cslsun10.sogang.ac.kr
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: About buffer cache

a) How many of your mails shall we have to read?

b)
   > 3) How can I enlarge the part for buffer cache in physical memory?
   > 4) How can user process access the file in ufs filesystem through raw disk?

   Why do you want to enlarge the buffer cache if you are going to access
   the filesystem through the raw device? The way to do the latter you can
   easily find in the fsck(8) sources. But if you use the raw disk you have
   to manage buffering for yourself and of course in order to keep
   your data in a consistant state, the file system must not be mounted.

 c) How about an mmap(2) aproach? FreeBSD is the OS of choice for that
    purpose.

	Lars