Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 21:06:06 +0000 ()
From:      "e.knight" <root@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iijppp ondemand

--0-377042049-808347885=:172

I had iijppp running this after noon just fine.  when I would ping a host
ppp would dial out and everything worked fine  when i started pine the
ppp would dial out.

I rebooted the machine and later used ping and got the error message
unknown host.

I killed the ppp -auto ondemand process started ppp netcom  issued the
command dial.  It went throught the dial procedure and I pinged cdrom.com
just fine.  I then took ijppp down and reinvoked the ppp -auto ondemand
the daemon seems to have started.  However when I ping cdrom.com it just
hangs.  Same with pine.  I have included my ppp.conf and ppp.linkup files.

Can anyone tell what going on or not going on here

Thanks
Ted Knight
e.knight@ix.netcom.com

--0-377042049-808347885=:172
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--0-377042049-808347885=:172--