Date:      Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:43:15 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Novembre <novembre@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash 9 crash problems

Quoting Novembre <novembre@gmail.com> (from Tue, 3 Mar 2009 20:41:03 -0600):

> I found two posts containing patches regarding this issue:
> 1)
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D0+0+archive/2008/freebsd-em=
ulation/20081228.freebsd-emulation
> 2)
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D0+0+archive/2009/freebsd-em=
ulation/20090215.freebsd-emulation

> The first post contains two patches, of which one is marked specifically f=
or
> 7-STABLE (as of Dec 21, 2008 when the patches were made available). The
> second post also has a patch, but I don't know whether it is for 8-CURRENT
> or 7-STABLE. Which one should I apply?

If you do not want to wait: the patch utility has the option "-C" =20
which just tries to apply the patch but does not really apply it. This =20
way you can see if a patch is applicable to what you have or not. This =20
way you can test if one of all those patches applies at all to what =20
you have. In the worst case it applies, but you get a kernel panic =20
upon use of some linux stuff (you may lose data because of this). In =20
the best case at least one applies and it works perfectly.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
If we see the light at the end of the tunnel
It's the light of an oncoming train.
=09=09-- Robert Lowell

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137