Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 00:09:42 -0600
From:      "Rob Snow" <rsnow@lgc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CAM question 3.0-RELEASE

I'm still debugging my problems with lockups during heavy network writing.
I've installed two 2940's and can make it fail on either controller,
eliminating my thought about some SCSI bus trash.

Now, both of my drives seem to reset the tag queues when they go under load,
is this normal?

My Micrapolis 3243-19 (On 2940):
tagged openings now 35

My Segate 39173W (On 2940UW):
tagged openings now 63
tagged openings now 62
tagged openings now 49

Is that supposed to happen?  I'm wondering if that is an indication of a
problem.  The Seagate will drop them down slowly and then all of the sudden
they plumet before it locks the system cold.

Now, this happens with either local or network writes to the drives,
however, local writes do not lock the machine.  It's the heavy network
writes from the wire that kill the machine.

My other posts tell my setup.  100Mbit switch, fxp on FreeBSD, 905 on Linux,
905b on Win98.

Ideas?

Thanks!

-Rob