Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:02:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My list of -CURRENT problems

Christian Weisgerber writes:
 > I rebuilt my box from yesterdays' tree.  Here's my list of annoying
 > problems:
 >
 > * [new]
 >   Installing ports/lang/compaq-cc panics the machine.  Actually,
 >   I think executing a Linux binary through the linuxulator triggers
 >   this.
 >
 > * [new]
 >   If sysvipc is loaded as modules, the linuxulator module fails to
 >   load with "link_elf: symbol shmctl undefined".  This doesn't
 >   happen if sysvipc is compiled statically into the kernel.
 >   I reported this a couple of days ago on freebsd-emulation, but
 >   didn't get any affirmation or useful response.
 >   I wouldn't expect this to be specific to alpha, but I don't know.

I think I've fixed both of these now.  The panic was due to the brandinfo
struct changing and nobody updating the linux/alpha code to match the
state of the world.

Grab 1.74 of alpha/linux_sysvec.c and you should be OK.

BTW, sorry for not responding sooner.  I don't read emulation (tho I
probably should, given that I maintain 1.25 emulators..).

Drew