Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:37:15 -0700
From:      Rob <rob3@pythonemproject.com>
To:        Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@student.tue.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: harddisk dying?  / How do I fix superblock on SCSI drive?

Hi,

Your post may be timely for me.  How do you copy an alternate superblock
on a   SCSI hard drive to replace the main superblock?  Mine got
corrupted.  I did this routine once before on an IDE drive and it worked
great.  But on SCSI, I understand less of how the drive works, so I
don't know whether to use fsck or camcontrol or what.

Any pointers to info on the web or FreeBSD site would be helpful too.  I
have read the manual material on SCSI drive related commands, but I am
very confused.   My drives are later model SCSI-160 types, with an
Adaptec 29160 controller board.  The drive is using UFS2 and UFS, as
this is an AMD64 box, and I have a FreeBSD 5.3beta 32bit partition in
there too.  Cable is properly terminated and I'm using new low profile
round SCSI cables.  I don't know what I did to cause this.

Thanks for anyone who can help.   Sincerely, Rob