Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:17:09 +0000
From:      Thomas Laus <lausts@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: main-n254654-d4e8207317c results in "no pools available to import"

On 4/11/22 14:18, Ronald Klop wrote:
> On 4/11/22 17:17, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>
>> Did the usual git pull origin main and buildworld/buildkernel but
>> after installkernel the machine will not boot.
>>
>> The rev seems to be main-n254654-d4e8207317c.
>>
>> I can boot single user mode and get a command prompt but nothing past
>> that. Is there something borked in ZFS in CURRENT ?
>>
> Up until now you are the only one with this error on the mailinglist
> today. So I doubt something is borked.
> You could consider to share more details about your setup to help people
> to think along with you.

I can confirm this issue.  My last update was 'main-n253996-1b3af110bc'
from March 31, 2022 that worked fine.  My update yesterday received the
same error and refused to boot past looking for kernel modules.  I did
receive the "no pools available to import" message a couple of lines
earlier.  My hardware is a Dell Inspiron laptop with a SSD and ZFS
filesystem.  I have a little time today and plan on git reverting back
to March 31 to further isolate the problem.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1