Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:10:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12722: New port: AT&T's DjVu library for scanned images

The following reply was made to PR ports/12722; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To: Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:05:53 -0500 (EST)

 Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami once stated:

 = * Well, I  did not realize, you  can not even _fetch_  the interactive
 = * ports :-(
 =
 =Distfile fetching is part of the package building process.

 Can't you just say "make fetch" if a things is marked IS_INTERACTIVE?

 = * It is  not only the  license -- the  script will extract  the source
 = * code out  from itself, only  if the license  is accepted. It  can be
 = * hacked not to, but that's very likely to violate the license...

 =Um, can't  you put the  license part only in  REQ? Then the  script run
 =after it can do whatever you want it to.

 I  can, but  the  license needs  to  be accepted  before  the source  is
 extracted. Take a look for yourself...

 =Also, I wasn't paying attention to the discussion, but what happens
 =when the user installs it from a package?

 That's  the  thing.  The  license allows  redistribution  in  source  or
 otherwise, even as part of another product, even for (reasonable fee) --
 try to build it and read for yourself :)

 	-mi