Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:46:42 +1100 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gated does not export static rip

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Sergei Vasilyev wrote:

Sergei,

> I've got GateD on my FreeBSD router.
> gated.conf is somth. like

I haven't used gated for a while but it looks ok at first glance.

I don't think your config will use RIPv2 by default, you might want to try
enabling that.

Also, you can use "tcpdump -vvni ed1 -s 1024 port 520" to get a dump of
what RIP advertisements are travelling over your network.

I used gated for a while and in the end I found that the tracing and
general debugging of routing was too clunky, so I changed to MRTd
(www.medit.edu/~mrt) which has an interactive CLI for both configuration
and debugging. Zebra is a similar tool.

Cheers.

--