Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 21:26:32 -0500
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Zip Drive vs. Syquest

I am looking for a SCSI backup option for my FreeBSD system (due to my
abysmal experience with qic80 colorado drives --- I CAN'T get them to work.
Aargh!).

I saw a scsi tape for $499 (ouch!). Then I remembered the Zip drives (and
the new 135 meg Syquest).

What do you think of these drives? Will they both work under FreeBSD?

I will be using BRU to do backups. (Assuming it works - need something to
backup to). Does anyone have any experience with BRU?

TIA.

Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
AOS/VS, FreeBSD, DOS:
I'm in a maze of twisty little command interpreters, all different.