Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 11:04:39 +0200
From:      Luke Roberts <luke@roberts.nl>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hm@hcs.de
Subject:   Re: irritating messages in all ttyv's

Hi Hellmuth,

>> May  8 12:59:09 dilis /kernel: i4b-L1-timer4_expired: state = F3 Deactivated
>
>This is the error (!) message that layer 1 could not be accessed by the
>upper layers (persistent deactivation).

Hmm... what does this mean exactly? Should I not be able to make a connection?

>The message is either a real error or an implementation problem due to
>a different timing or so at your site (are you connected to a PBX ?) and
>it would be nice if this could be verified somehow.

Strange error, because the whole configuration now works fantasticly. I use
FreeBSD 2.2.7 stable and i4 0.71 together with NATd and Firewall as a
gateway machine to the internet.

The Teles 16.3 ISA card is connected directly to the NT1 ISDN S0 bus. There
is a PBX hooked up to the other port of the NT1 but could this be the
problem? (that's if this is a problem cause all works fine ;-)

Thanks,

Luke