Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 1995 16:53:50 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs>
To:        CVS-commiters, cvs-sys
Subject:   cvs commit: src/sys/pci aic7870.c

gibbs       95/09/05 16:53:49

  Modified:    sys/i386/isa  aic7770.c
  Log:
  ahcprobe now takes a flags argument.  For EISA/VL adapters set it to
  AHC_FNONE.

  Modified:    sys/i386/scsi  93cx6.c 93cx6.h aic7xxx.c aic7xxx.h
  Log:
  Clean up a few nits in the aic7xxx driver:

  1) Make the driver "quiet" by sticking most boot messages behind
  	bootverbose conditionals.  This means that you won't see the
  	sync and wide negotiation, but you will find out if they fail.

  2) Add support to the 93cx6 serial eeprom code to read at an abitrary
  	offset.  This is needed so that we can access the second half
  	of the eeprom on 3940 cards where the second channel's config
  	is stored.

  3) Add flags argument to ahcprobe().  This is used by the pci probe code
  	to tell the generic driver that an adapter should be treated
  	as a channel B device as well as notify it of the presence of
  	external SCB SRAM.  These are needed for some motherboard
  	implementations of the aic7870 and for the 3940 controllers.

  4) Print "Channel A"/"Channel B" instead of "Single Channel" for the
  	two busses of the 3940.  I received many reports of confusion
  	about how the 3940 was probed since most people belived that
  	only one ahc entry was needed.  This will hopefully make it
  	clearer.

  5) Walk the SCBs to determine just how many their are if external SCB
  	ram is detected.

  6) Hard code that external SCB ram is present for the 3940 since it doesn't
  	use the documented reporting facility for reporting the SRAM. :(
  	255 commands per channel are supported on the 3940.

  7) Read the seeprom starting at addres 32 for the second channel of the
  	3940 so we get the right info for that channel.

  8) Clean up printing of the "Disabling tagged queuing message".

  9) Queue timeouts if they occur while we are handling a timeout.  The code
  	was totally unprotected in this scenario.
  Reviewed by: Timeout code reviewed by David Greenman <davidg>

  Modified:    sys/pci   aic7870.c
  Log:
  Detect external SRAM.
  Count the number of detected 3940 controllers.  Tag all even controllers
  as being the "B Channel".