Date:      Tue, 09 May 2000 18:56:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   USB support for some Alphas

Well, I've managed to get an XP900 to play with this week, and
have added in support to the resource manager to handle the USB
controller on Alphas with the cia and tsunami chipsets.  According
to Doug Rabson:

  The USB hardware on this platform interrupts via the ISA pic. SRM
  represents this as an interrupt pin of 0xe0 + isa irq no. Unfortunately I
  have not put in support in the alpha pci code to recognise this so the
  interrupt allocation fails. The place to add this support is probably
  pci_alloc_resource() in sys/alpha/pci/pcibus.c.

Not having much to do between finals this week, I've managed to get
this working in the patchset at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/alpha.usb.patch.  I'd like to
commit this relatively soon (day or two) to -current, so please test
this out.  Thanks.

--

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jobaldwi/