Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:20:26 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP - master/slave ports

On 18 Jun 2004 at 9:23, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:
> > http://beta.freshports.org/ now has support for displaying
> > master/slave relationships.  This is the first step in automatically
> > updating a slave port when a commit is made to a master port.  Until
> > recently, there was no acceptable method for determing master/slave
> > relationship.  Consequently, FreshPorts makes no attempt to refresh a
> > slave port when the master port is updated.
>
> Well, it shows master/slave state for my ports right. But port versions
> are not equal. This part of work is not done yet?

I suspect you are looking at http://www.FreshPorts.org/ (production).
The work described above is at http://beta.FreshPorts.org/.  I just
look there, searched for ports maintained by you, found 21 such
ports, checked http://beta.freshports.org/devel/ace+tao/ and found it
to be a master port for http://beta.freshports.org/devel/ace/

The master/slave work is just in BETA.  It will move to production at
a later date.

Thank you.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/