Date:      Tue, 25 May 2004 09:54:25 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Raymond Lillard <rlillard@sonic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting source by anoncvs

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 08:48:35PM -0700, Raymond Lillard wrote:

> I just failed at an attempt to pull down the latest sources
> via anoncvs using the instructions found at the URL below.
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html

Looks like the docs have got a little out of synch with reality. =20
=20
> There does not seem to be a server named "anoncvs.FreeBSD.org".
> As I am located in the US, I don't want to use a server in
> another continent.
=20
> The search results from here do not include anoncvs sites.
> http://mirrorlist.freebsd.org/FBSDsites.php
>=20
> This shouldn't be this difficult to track down.

Most FreeBSD users will use cvsup(1) to grab the latest sources -- it
actually makes a lot more efficient use of network bandwidth than
anonymous cvs.  There are at least 17 cvsup servers in the USA alone.=20

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way