Date:      Thu, 02 Feb 2012 20:13:55 -0700
From:      Eric <heli@mikestammer.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, "Desai, Kashyap" <Kashyap.Desai@lsi.com>
Subject:   Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver in stable/9 and stable/8

Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> The LSI-supported version of the mps(4) driver that supports their 6Gb SAS
> HBAs as well as WarpDrive controllers, is now in stable/9 and stable/8.
>
> Please test it out and let me and Kashyap (CCed) know if you run into
> any problems.
>
> In addition to supporting WarpDrive, the driver also supports Integrated
> RAID.
>
> Thanks to LSI for doing the work on this driver!

<snip>

can you elaborate on what the symptoms would be before this commit for
the 6Bg cards? i have a dual channel LSI card (i can get the exact model
tomorrow) connected to a RAID Inc Maverick 8 disk array (one raid6
volume was created on the Mav) which constantly gets hung up with
messages similar to:

run_interrupt_driven_hooks - waiting for xpt_config

every 60 seconds for about 5 iterations after which the box reboots. I
am currently trying 9-RELEASE, but saw the same issues on 8.2. These
messages happen after the USB stack initializes. Turning off the
Maverick allows the system to boot up. i can then turn on the maverick
after the system gets to the login prompt and the disks are detected as
da0 and work just fine.

the LSI device was detected as mpt0.

many thanks!

Eric