Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:34:07 +0000
From:      "bahwi" <bahwi@cityscope.net>
To:        jahanur <jahanur@ns.jjsoft.com>
Subject:   Re: ver 2.2.2 r

> I am trying to make my freebsd machine a server, router and a gateway for
> other machines in my small local network. I have never used FreeBsd before
> but I am familier with Linux SlackWare .

I've never used Linux yet, it is one of my goals.

> I was wondering where is the sysconfig file. I could not find it in the
> /etc directory nor anywhere in the system. I have installed it twice so
> far . I am pretty sure I have  configured the ed0 when I was installing
> the network software.

/etc/sysconfig has been changed to /etc/rc.conf
I beleive this was because of a lawsuit or something, not
sure.

> Another question is that What do I need to upgrade my 2.2.2r to 2.2.5r. I
> have allready went to your ftp site to down load it, but the thing is that
> I dont know what files to download in order to upgrade.

/stand/sysinstall can do this, but it is dangerous. You can
also use cvsup and then a make world or something. I've
never done this so if I were you I'd check the handbook and
other people. Do not trust me on this except to find out
more information.
-bahwi
email- bahwi@technologist.com
ICQ Name: bahwi                 UIN: 3328936
iChat Name: bahwi
-EOF