Date:      Sat, 7 Jan 1995 22:23:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      Olof Johansson <offe@ludd.luth.se>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   The WD7000 driver...

Hello,

I've got the WD7000 driver to work. I haven't got scatter/gather to work on
my controller (it may not support it...), so I haven't got any chance to test
it. The current version doesn't support s/g.
What I do instead is allocate a (physically contiguous) buffer in the driver,
which the driver use for all DMA. This will give some performance reduction,
but it's the only way I know to get it to work on my controller.

I've tested the driver on my 2.0R system, it works with my Tandberg TDC3640.
I've also made some testing with a QUANTUM P105SS.

The source, with my config file, is uploaded at the incoming directory of
ftp.cdrom.com.

						-Olof

Olof Johansson     | Address:              | Phone: +46-10-695-8364
offe@ludd.luth.se  | 2 komp, 3 plut        | Who is General Failure, and why
d92-ojn@sm.luth.se | Box 9106              | is he reading my disk?
offe@sdf.luth.se   | 961 19 Boden / SWEDEN | (MSDOS - just say NO!)