Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2012 20:29:26 +0200
From:      Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel page fult for a valid pointer?

Hi,

I am wondering is there a reason for getting "Fatal trap 12: page
fault while in kernel mode" "supervisor read, page not present" for an
address used to be valid in kernel space?

I dont really understand why I am getting this, I added a hardware
watchpoint on the address, and when I got to the debuger I could read
the memory content and dump for that address. But when I continue from
the debugger I get the panic and now when I try to read the memory
content I get *** error reading from address ce733000 ***.

I am playing around with the kernel, but I dont really understand why
this is happening or how I can track it down.

Things worth noting, I am working on  FreeBSD Current @ VirtualBox
with VIMAGE enabled using jails. If there is any useful info I can
collect it.

br,
--
Monthadar Al Jaberi