Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:22:28 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
To:        Gerd von Glinski <gerd.vonglinski@gte.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question

-On [20000116 20:20], Gerd von Glinski (gerd.vonglinski@gte.net) wrote:
>After briefly looking through your website (Freebsd.org),

Ok, if you did that.

How could you miss this staring in your face at the top of the mainpage
at www.freebsd.org:

FreeBSD is an advanced BSD UNIX operating system for "PC-compatible"
computers, developed and maintained by a large team of individuals.

>I was unable to find an answer to the following:
>Is it possible to download Unix from freebsd?
>If not, where can I download Unix?

So, as the above says, FreeBSD _is_ a Unix descendant.

I also believe I know some people at gte.net whom already use FreeBSD.
=)

These questions are best asked in freebsd-questions@freebsd.org by the
way.  There is also a German forum in case that is better for you.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai@bart.nl>                      bART Internet Services /