Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:07:16 -0600
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Brian Anderson" <bunicula@rcn.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: softupdates and other disk questions

Hi,

    For softupdates try:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/contrib/softupdate
s/README

And for the other thing, all I can tell you its that everything that linux
does, FreeBSD can do it but better, you should try it, even if you find some
of the problems like you are having with linux, after you try it you will
never go back to linux, for your 4 disks, you can try RAID 5 support
(http://www.lemis.com/vinum.html), its in 3.4 RELEASE; for the transfers,
you will find FreeBSD faster & more stable than anything, for configuring
the disks, its a very simple thing once you know how to do it.

My best advice would be "Try it & Love it"

Merry Xmas
Ales