Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 18:35:10 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        "Miller, Paul SGT" <millerp@Fairfax-Emh1.army.mil>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XKeysymDB

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Miller, Paul SGT wrote:

> I am having difficulties with XKeysymDB either being located or I need a
> newer version of the file.  I'm running netscape v3.01 (the only version
> available for UNIX).  I have place XKeysymDB in all the necessary
> directories.  It seems to still have trouble.  I am hoping someone would
> be willing to help out a joe (military).  Is there another fix?
>
> Paul Miller
> SGT, US
> Net Admin

Make sure that the correct environment variables are defined when running
netscape. The easiest would be to replace it with a shell script like:

#!/bin/csh
# Setenv for Netscape key bindings.
setenv XKEYSYMDB /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
setenv XNLSPATH /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls/
setenv XAPPLRESDIR /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults
netscape.bin -geometry 670x700+1024+0 &

(that's after renaming netscape to netscape.bin and using csh, make your
own adaptations as needed). Note that all those defined files/directories
should first be prepared as per the Netscape README file.

Good luck,
Nadav