Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 1996 10:33:20 -0500
From:      Rob Miracle <rwm@MPGN.COM>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP and 2.2-BETA

At 01:25 AM 12/27/96 +0100, you wrote:
>According to Rob Miracle:
>> I installed 2.2-BETA this morning, and the SMP support seems to be lacking.
>>  Since I have been off this list for sometime, is the SMP not going to make
>> it into 2.2?  When can we expect it?  If I am running 2.2-BETA, what do I
>> need to do to get SMP working again?
>
>SMP is a 3.0 target, not a 2.2 one.
>
>If you want to play SMP, you gotta be a real man^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HCURRENT.

Ok, I accept that answer, but I didn't see the 3.0/Current stuff on
ftp.freebsd.org.  Where can I find it these days?

Also, we are going to have to make a decision on our production machines.
Right now we are running them  on the 100696 Snapshot with SMP enable and
it is running fine, but for the immediate future (since I can't get that
Snap any more), do I go with 2.2 Release for our customer machines, or do I
try to stay with the current branch so I can use my multi-processors?

Rob