Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 96 21:23:03 -0600
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@Nastassja.esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel for IDE-CDROM

Hello there,

I own an IDE-CDROM, FreeBSD 2.1 and a Pentium/75.

I used inst_ide.bat for installing FreeBSD and it worked flawlessly.

But, when the installation was completed, I noticed that the drivers
for my IDE-CDROM just desappeared.  I have compiled the FreeBSD kernel
before, but I never have configurated it for the IDE-CDROM.

In my configuration file, I included:

	controller	wdc0 at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
	options		ATAPI
	driver		wcd0

I think it *must* work, but it didn't.

Any suggestions ?