Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:10:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: support for 16650

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Nadav Eiron wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Doug White wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Samy Touati wrote:
> >
> > > I know that the 16550 is supported I'm talking about the 16650 which
> > > allows speed up to 428K Bauds.

> I guess not. Found this in sio.c:
> static  struct speedtab comspeedtab[] = {

>         57600,  COMBRD(57600),
>         115200, COMBRD(115200),
>         -1,     -1

>From what I understand, what the 16650 does is just allow a clock rate of
4 times that which a 16550 will handle, so if you tell it to use 57600,
you'll really get 230Kbaud.  Note this would be set using jumpers on
the IO card, not any software setting.  The only way the programming
interface is different is the deeper FIFO.  Should be a trivial
modification to anyone that understands the sio driver and has the chip