Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:38:29 +0100
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Martin Garon <mgaron@pleora.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IGMPv3 support

Martin Garon wrote:
> I am looking for a FreeBSD release with IGMPv3 and was surprised to find
> none.
>
> I know the KAME project added support for IGMPv3. Anyone knows why this was
> not imported back into the current sources? I was wondering if it had
> anything to do with reliability or rather with business mumbo-jumbo.

I am actively working on this right now. Please see the bms_netdev
branch in p4 for progress. The code there must be considered pre-alpha,
it's a development branch.

At the moment I am constructing baseline regression tests to make sure
that everything works according to spec. It's harder than it looks as
there are a few places where the delta-based vs the SSM API can lead to
inconsistency and the specs are not completely unambiguous.

cheers
BMS