Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:28:25 -0700
From:      "Kelly Jones" <kelly.terry.jones@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing multiple ports quietly and efficiently

Here's one way to install multiple FreeBSD ports "unattended" on a
machine:

cd /usr/port/foo/prog1; make install; cd/usr/ports/foo/prog2; make install

and so on (perhaps even in a shell script). Two problems:

 % It's ugly. I'd prefer "cd /usr/ports; make foo/prog1 foo/prog2 ..."

 % "make install" often pops up windows asking me to choose
 configuration options, and hangs until I do so.

I want to install 50 apps on a new server, but not have to watch it
constantly. I want to tell ports: "just use the default options for
now: if I'm unhappy w/ them, I'll come back, do a 'make rmconfig' and
rebuild".

How can I do this?