Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:13:03 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Thunderbird no longer viewing http URLs

El Mi=E9rcoles, 23 de Febrero de 2005 06:52, Doug Barton escribi=F3:
> I have a bit of a strange situation with my Thunderbird here. I can
> no longer click on a URL in a message and have it pop up firefox
> automatically. In fact, nothing pops up at all. The Help menu links
> in thunderbird don't work either, however other apps have no problem
> either opening a new firefox window, or opening content in an
> existing window if firefox has already been started.
>
> I tried just now recompiling and reinstalling just in case that would
> help, it didn't.
>
> Any suggestions?

You need repocopy=20
files/patch-uriloader_exthandler_unix_nsGNOMERegistry.cpp from mozilla=20
and rebuild. (You may need also this for firefox, it's a -core fix).

After that, thunderbird must use gnome settings to open external uris.

I don't remenber the thunderbird case but, at last for firefox, this=20
makes 'registration as default browser' init dialog works

> Doug

=2D-
  josemi