Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 17:09:09 +0000
From:      njs3@doc.ic.ac.uk (Niall Smart)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network card manuals

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any network card manufacturers who
publish freely available detailed manuals on their cards for device driver
programmers. I'm trying to learn device driver programming, and thought
I'd start by examining some of FreeBSD's, but its all greek without some
background docs.  I've tried Intel, 3com and SMC's web sites but all I
found were terse datasheets that don't help much.

Intels manuals on the Pentium etc were excellent though :)

Thanks,

Niall Smart