Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:59:20 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.ru>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>, Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>, FreeBSD-Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, peter@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error installing pine-3.96

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.970331235051.594A-100000@nagual.ru> =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= writes:
: But as I remember Jordan talk about 2.2 compatibility only, not 2.1.7
: compatibility... What is real subject now? 2.2, 2.1 or both compatibility?

You are correct.  The issue that Jordan raised was with 2.2.  However,
since the original poster was using 2.1.7, and since there may be
demand for 2.1.7 support, at least for somethings, it may make sense
to back port this change to install.  If I get more than 3 requests to
do it from -stable users, I'll do it.  That's the only remaining issue
as far as I can tell.

Warner