Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 2020 10:08:10 -0500
From:      Greg Balfour <greg.bal4@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Replacement for bktr(4) device wanted

I read in -arch that bktr(4) might be removed from the tree. See:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?CANCZdfrjRqEF_c9Q0thvz19wPv=e+gjvrxB8txNMymgcz1uNkA
I use a Hauppauge WinTV model 401 daily with fxtv(1) so I would be in need
of a replacement.

All I really need is just a way to take the output from my cable box
and display it in a resizable window under X11.

I have a Hauppauge WinTV HVR 950Q DVB that the FreeBSD WebcamCompat
page (https://wiki.freebsd.org/WebcamCompat) claims is supported,
but I have never been able to get it to work.  It works fine under
Ubuntu but under FreeBSD webcamd starts consuming 100% CPU.  webcamd
works fine for me using a Logitech c525 webacam.  Several people have
posted over the years with similar problems but I've never seen a resolution.
See (for example):
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?63966a1d-1244-4ea0-0bf8-15b485f63cd4

Any suggestions on how to get the 950Q to work or a suitable replacement
for my 401?  I'm currently running 11.3-RELEASE.