Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:09:33 -0800
From:      larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   starting pap or chap ppp

Hi i just configured my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf file i would like to use the
pap or chap
setup to connect up my modem to the isp.I put my log in name and
password  i
believe in the right spots.Could you explain to me.How i might connect
to my
ISP now that i have the information in my conf file.Im not sure how to
run it yet.
when i just enter#ppp at the command prompt .it just says working in
interactive
mode.Im not sure what to do after that.Im running FREEBSD 2.2.7 Also
when
i put in # ppp -auto system   or #ppp -ddial system I keep getting
this warning:
message. Warning: Destination system(null)not found in conf file
Could you explain to me.What to put in my conf file so i dont get this
Warning
Again                              ThankYou in Advance.