Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2012 01:36:15 +0200
From:      Aragon Gouveia <aragon@phat.za.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   debugging failed USB3 device attachment

Hi,

I have some hardware with a USB3 controller that is detected by xhci(4),
but when I try attach a USB3 device, it fails to attach to a USB3 bus,
and after timing out it connects to a USB2 bus.  Here's a verbose dmesg
with xhci debugging enabled from when I plug the device in:

http://pastebin.com/nM8nQFg3

I've captured xhci(4)'s verbose boot time dmesg output here:

http://pastebin.com/EA3k7RLE

The full verbose boot dmesg is at:

http://pastebin.com/Y0qKiDZg

And a regular boot dmesg is at:

http://pastebin.com/e3tS8eS4

I've tried tweaking a handful of BIOS options like XHCI handoff and USB
transfer timeout thresholds, but nothing seems to help.  Have already
upgraded to the latest BIOS available too.  This FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE
build is about 1 week old.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Aragon