Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:45:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        Michael Beckmann <petzi@mail.nacamar.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA: options MAXMEM not working (fwd)

Hi;

This sounds like a variable length problem, such as a variable that is
declared as an int but actually needs to be a long int...., thus you might
be getting a wrap-around modulo the largest value that the variable can
actually hold...

just my 0.02....

 On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Michael Beckmann wrote:

> OK, after having built a couple more kernels, I found out that the MAXMEM
> option does not work for me when set to over 128 MB. I now run a kernel
> that uses only 128 MB, though my machine has 192 MB and will have 256 at
> the end of the week. Has this problem been fixed in kernels subsequent to
> 2.2-BETA ? I was using 160 MB just fine with FreeBSD 2.1.5.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life